When you have to treat an ovarian cyst during pregnancy, it can be difficult. Traditional treatment methods are not available or are especially dangerous to you. Even pain management is more complicated. So how do you successfully treat an ovarian cyst while you are pregnant?
The traditional methods of treating an ovarian cyst are prescribing birth control pills or surgically removing the cyst. Birth control pills are out of the question while you are pregnant. If the cyst is especially large, dangerously positioned, or has solid components, you may need to get it surgically removed. This is generally done during the second trimester using laparascopy.
The rest of us afflicted by an ovarian cyst during pregnancy are left to wait and see if the cyst will clear up on its own. Fortunately, for most women, it does, though it may take a few months. However, there are natural methods you can use to help it on its way.
Controlling the Pain
First, if you have ovarian cyst pain, you need to control it. Pregnancy itself can be uncomfortable enough as it is. You can use over the counter medicine containing acetaminophen to help you. However, never use medications containing ibuprofen. This can severely harm your unborn child.
You can also try to manage your pain naturally. Hot compresses and water bottles can help relieve the tension in your abdomen, which will lessen the stress on your ovary. This should take some of the pressure off and ease your pain. You can also try other relaxation methods, such as prenatal yoga or herbal teas.
Getting Rid of the Cyst
In order treat an ovarian cyst during pregnancy, you need to first cleanse your body. While you are pregnant, you will want to avoid most herbal supplements, as those can be harmful to the baby. However, just drinking plenty of water and improving your diet can help cleanse the liver.
Make sure to drink filtered water, as most tap and many bottled waters can contain trace amounts of hormonal medication. This can actually make your cyst worse. Also, soft plastic bottles contain BPA, which has been linked to undescended testicles in newborn boys. BPA mimics estrogen in your body, which may aggravate the ovaries. Try to drink from glass or metal containers, and avoid microwaving or freezing plastics.
Watch out for Complications
The two most common complications with ovarian cysts are ovarian torsion and ruptured cysts. Both require immediate medical treatment.
In ovarian torsion, the weight of the cyst causes the ovary to twist, which cuts off its blood supply. This will feel like debilitating pain in the side the cyst is located. If this happens, contact your doctor right away.
If you have a sudden increase in pain or a sharp intense pain in one side followed by a steady burning sensation, your cyst may have burst. This also may be accompanied by vaginal bleeding. If this happens, contact your doctor right away. You’ll need to be put on antibiotics to prevent infection and monitored to make sure you don’t have internal bleeding.
Tips To Increase Your Brain Powers
The brain is a small but most powerful organ of the body that controls all our thinking, feelings, actions, emotions and much more. This small organ is made up of billions of neurons that grow with proper diet and exercise. Your success very much depends on the sharpness of your mind, improved memory and thinking skills. Take care of your brain and enjoy a successful life.
I am giving below some tips that will help you to substantially increase your brain powers:
1. Eat Brain Healthy Foods
Some foods are particularly good for the brain which you must include in your diet such as fish, eggs, leafy vegetables, tomatoes, broccoli, blueberries, whole grains, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and pumpkin seeds. Avoid alcoholic and carbonated drinks instead drink plain water and green tea.
2. Take Care of Your Overall Fitness
The health of our brain is very much related to our overall fitness. The brain remains healthy in a healthy body. Physical exercise is not only good for your body but also for your brain. Do whatever exercise you like such as, walking, jogging, swimming, aerobics, yoga etc., but do it regularly.
3. Meditation and Deep Breathing
Meditation is a great way of relaxing your body and mind thus increasing your brain powers. Some people do meditation for seeking spiritual enlightenment while others do for inner peace and calmness. Always do meditation in a calm and quiet place. However, you can do deep breathing any time and at any place. Apart from the numerous health benefits of deep breathing, it is also helpful for the growth of brain cells.
4. Get Enough Sleep
Most people ignore the importance of a good night’s sleep. The lack of sleep can badly harm the functioning of the brain. If you feel that your mind is blank or sleepy then it means that you need rest. Go to bed and sleep. Take enough sleep daily and see your brain functioning much better because sleep helps your brain consolidate and organize information. Also taking a 15-20 minutes nap during the day can sharpen your mind and enhance your decision making powers.
5. Read and Write
Reading and writing are good habits and quite helpful in increasing the brain powers. Keep some good books in your bed room and read a few pages before going to sleep. Also practice writing, at least a few sentences, on a new topic every day.
6. Think Positively
Stress, anxiety, depression and negative thinking are the main culprits of destroying the brain nerve cells. Get rid of all kind of negativity from your mind, as far as possible. Develop the habit of seeing the bright side of things. Positive thinking is a way of living a happy life.
7. Give Task To Your Brain
Give your brain the task of solving simple problems, puzzles and crosswords etc. The more you use your brain the more the brain cells will grow. However, avoid over thinking and multi-tasking. Do one thing at a time and do not over burden your mind with multiple tasks.
8. Love Nature
It is always helpful to spend some time in a natural environment. Go to the mountains, walk in the jungle, do boating in the rivers, sit by the side of the lake and appreciate the surrounding natural beauty. Nature refreshes your mind and heart. Sitting in a natural surrounding and breathing deeply takes away all your depression and strengthens your brain muscles.
What are home remedies? Home remedies are nothing but something that can cure you simply with the things and natural food items available in our kitchen closet. Home remedies are a kind of first aid therapy to the body. Something that we all can try at home and get good results. We can just forget the doctor for a while and believe in the words of our old grannies who have transferred us the simple knowledge of making safe treatment for some simple ailments sitting within the premises of our home at anytime of the day and don’t need to bother the doctor for simple problems like cold, cough, gastric pain.
Home remedies for Stomach disorder
– For gastric pain –Boil Jeera powder-1/2 spoon, Ajwain -1/2, Sauf -1/2 spoon, Mint leaves-6-7 leaves in one glass water and when ½ glass remains. Drink that sip by sip and the pain is gone.
– Just take hing-1/4 spoon with luke warm water and pain is gone.
– For acidity drink coconut water.
– For constipation -boil 2 dates in milk at night and drink that milk. It is a mild laxative.
– Take figs at night. it is also a good laxative and easy home remedy
– For loose motions drink Souf water every 2 hours.
– Again for smelly loose tummy drink 1 spoon termuric in cold water and the stomach upset is set right.
– Drinking Butter milk with jeera powder in that is wonderful for loose motions.
– For blood in stools— squeeze one lemon in cold milk and drink that instantly. It immediately stops blood in stool.
– Massaging castor oil on the tummy at night also helps to evacuate easily in the morning.
Stomach discomfort in infants
– When the little one is crying all the time and squeezing on tummy. So it is for sure that the baby has gastric pain. Best remedy is to apply Hing mixed in water on the tummy.
– A pinch of hing in 1 spoon mother milk should be given to the 1 or 2 month old baby to release gas from the body. This is a wonderful home remedy.
– Legs of the little one should be pressed on to the tummy to help him release gas.
– If the baby is constipated for 3-4 days and is in discomfort. Add sugar in water and boil that water and make him drink 1 or 2 spoon. This will act as laxative for the baby.
– When the baby is teething and passing stools. The best home remedy is giving him souf water.
– Other home remedy for loose watery stools is to give boiled rice water with little of Dhania powder in that.
– Squeeze a lemon in milk and boil and make fresh cheese. The water of that should be given to the child and this helps in controlling loose motions.
– For vomiting squeeze onion juice and give few drops. this immediately controls vomiting in little babies.